Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Best Laid Plans...

Life never seems to go the way you plan it. Never mind the "plans" you make for the distant future, today is itself an unknown until it is ended.

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. " Proverbs 16:9

Today I "planned" to clean house and have Ronan help me make bunny cookies. Grandma Mullane sent us a cute set of cookie cutters last year and he was too young to participate so I decided this year we would do it. And today was the day.

Or not... Poor little guy came down with the stomach flu that has been the bane of many mothers in the last week. With loss of fluids from top and bottom baking was definitely out of the question!

I realized this evening that although it had been a somewhat difficult day my spirits had remained high. I wondered to myself why I could take this truly unpleasant situation (I had to take three showers people!) in stride and yet some days that are filled with very little stress seem to be so difficult?

Truly, this past week and a half has been spent with God! Last night's praise and worship was both exhilerating and overwhelming as we focused on our King and Who He is!
The more time I spend with my King the more peace I feel. The less I let emotions and difficulty bring me down.

I am currently missing tonight's service to be home with my little man but I know that tomorrow can still be a good day as long as I stay focused on my assignment in the Kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment